Complaints Procedure - General
We take complaints seriously and will investigate any issue raised by a customer. If you are unhappy about any aspect of the experience you have had at any of our dealerships, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will look into your concerns and do what we can do to put things right.
You can communicate with us via the following methods:
Telephone - Please telephone the applicable dealership. Contact details can be found by clicking here.
Letter – Sebastiaan Rate, Rates Ford, Hogg Ln, Grays RM17 5QL
What do we need from you?
In order to respond quickly to your complaint, it would be really useful if you provide us with the following information:
- Vehicle details: Vehicle Registration Number, Make & Model
- Dealership details: the dealership you visited and the date of the visit
- Complaint: a clear statement of what your complaint is about and the resolution you require
Where possible, we will try to resolve your complaint quickly, without any fuss and to your satisfaction within 3 business days (Monday-Friday) of receiving your complaint. If this is not possible then we will use the formal written complaints procedure.
Formal Written Procedure
1. We will acknowledge your complaint in writing (by letter and/or email) within 5 business days (Monday-Friday) of receiving your complaint.
2. We will fully investigate your concerns and then provide a written response to you. This will be by letter (sent by email and/or letter) and will be headed FINAL RESPONSE LETTER. We have up to 8 weeks to send the Final Response Letter to you. However, we will always aim to provide our written response to you as quickly as possible.
3. The issue of the Final Response Letter marks the end of our formal complaints procedure.
4. Should you remain dissatisfied, we refer you to The Motor Ombudsman a CTSI certified Alternative Dispute Resolution provider that we are prepared to engage with through the ADR process. Further details can be found at https://www.themotorombudsman.org or alternatively you can contact their Advice Line on 020 7344 1651.
If you would like someone else to deal with you complaint (for example a friend or relative) this is not a problem. However, in order for us to correspond freely with them, you will need to provide your authority for us to do so. We cannot deal with any third party on your behalf unless we are satisfied that you have actually instructed them in the matter.